Friday, November 17, 2006

April 7, 2007

We have a date and location:
The Ahwahnee Hotel, Yosemite National Park April 7, 2007.
We are very excited about this place. Jen and I have spent a lot of our lives with family and friends in Yosemite. I (Dave) went with my parents to Yosemite Valley almost every Thanksgiving and to Tuolumne Meadows every summer to hike, see bears and just get dirty. Lately I've been spending time there backpacking (almost dying by lightning --more scary than the 15 foot great white shark -- and of thirst since I ran out of water while by myself) and flyfishing with one of my groomsmen Jeremy Rivera (more on him at a later post). Jen has been spending time there with me (passing out on top of Half Dome) and with her parents and sister Iris. Her dad, Dan Yuan is an excellent photographer (I'm somewhat biased) -- http://www.tdyuanphotography.com/ and has spent many hours and days waiting for the perfect light and shot, while Lily (Jen's mom) waits patiently.

So, if you do receive an invite here are some details:
The wedding will be April 7, 2007 at 4:30 pm.
The location is the Ahwahnee Hotel in Yosemite.
Our parents and the bridal party will mostly be staying at Curry Village, mostly because the Ahwahnee is ridiculously expensive, but if you have the means I highly recommend it. Curry Village also has heated tent cabins and Jen's and my favorite -- the unheated tent cabin, which should be doable in spring, hopefully.

Rooms are filling up fast, so if you want to stay in the valley get a room soon. There are cheaper accomodations outside of the park, but that is a good 45 minute drive from the valley, at least.

YOSEMITE HERE WE COME!!!
Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home